- View the video on writing outcomes for your document.
- Complete the activity below.
If you have questions at any time, send them to us.
You have now determined the purpose of your document and analysed your reader(s).
1. What outcomes do you want to achieve with your document? You can have more than one outcome for your document. Write each outcome in a sentence format.
Remember to ask yourself:
- What do you want your reader(s) to think, feel or do after reading your document?
- When and how do you want them to do it?
2. Once you have written each outcome, check that it follows the SMART format.
Ask your question below.