Structure of the Program
- Each module consists of topics.
- The topics are listed on the home page of each module.
- Before moving onto a new module, you will need to complete all of the topics of that module.
During this program, you will:
- Use a structured approach in your business writing
- Define the purpose and outcomes of your document
- Identify the audience who will be reading your document
- Develop an outline for your document
- Write a business document using plain English, an appropriate tone and using the active voice
- Apply a structured approach to editing your business document
- Structure emails appropriately for the workplace.
Tips for your success
- Ensure that you have a document to work on throughout the program. As you progress through each module, you will work on your document so that by the end of the program, it will be ready to send.
- Many of the topics have short videos included. If you’re completing this program in your workplace or an open area, ensure that you use a headset/earphones. You will need to view the video and complete the activities before a topic can be marked as ‘complete’.
- As you complete activities, you will be sent your answers via email. A suggestion is to set up a folder in your inbox specifically for this course. That way, everything can be easily found in the one location.
- At the beginning of each topic, you will be given a set of instructions to help guide you through the topic.
- If at any point, you have a question, contact us via the Questions section. A team member will be in contact within 24 hours, if not sooner.
Ask your question below.
What will be covered in this module:
Share with others: