Have you made New Year resolutions?
Did you know that only 1 in 5 people who make New Year resolutions follow through with their intentions?
We’re in the first week of the New Year so now is the time to lay the foundations to achieve your goals for 2011. Do you want to take a new direction with your career – a new position within your business or pursue a new direction with another company?
If so, you’ll need to ensure that you also prepare and develop yourself so that you can achieve your goals this year.
Effective communication is the key. Being able to effectively communicate with your peers, senior management, team members, clients … and possibly potential employers … will aid in helping you achieve your goals.
Here are several areas to consider working on to take you to the next level in your career or business this year:
- Presentation skills
- Business writing skills
- Leadership skills
How can these areas assist you?
- Overcoming nerves when presenting to clients, colleagues … or potential employers
- Using techniques to answer interview questions in a structured manner
- Being able to express yourself well when speaking with clients and colleagues
- Constructing a persuasive document, highlighting your achievements in your current role
- Writing a document that is easy to follow and has a clear message
- Writing a document that meets your readers’ requirements
- Understanding your team members and how to best communicate with them so that you achieve your team and business goals
- Increase productivity within your team
- Recognise your strengths, work on your challenges and be able to utilise these in your role
Making a plan and taking action are the first steps in achieving your goals this year.
To find out how Infinite Growth can help you, contact us today.
To your success!